This application must be completed and reviewed by the applicant(s) to constitute a full and complete agreement. This includes the Petition for Special Assessment and all required attachments.
The Property Assessed Clean Energy Program (“MinnPACE'”), administered by the Port Authority of the City of Saint Paul (the “Port Authority”) provides a financing mechanism for the installation of energy efficiency and conservation improvements that are permanently fixed to eligible properties (“Improvements”). The undersigned applicant(s) hereby submit(s) the following application for financing and petition for special assessments in accordance to Minnesota Statutes Section 216C.435 and 216C436, Chapter 429, and MinnPACE.
Before proceeding, please be sure that you meet all of the eligibility requirements.
- The applicant(s) is/are the legal owner(s) of the Property described in the Application (the “Property”)
- The Property Owner is current on all mortgage(s) and all lenders have signed the Lender Acknowledgement Form
- The Property Owner is not in bankruptcy, nor is the Property considered an asset in any bankruptcy filings
- There are no federal or state income tax liens, judgment liens, or similar involuntary liens on the Property
- Applicant(s) can be verified as being in “Good Standing” with the Minnesota Office of the Secretary of State.
- Improvement costs are reasonable for the scope of the proposed Improvements and in relation to Property
- Requested Financing Amount does not exceed the lesser of 20 percent of the assessed market value or the actual cost of installing the Improvements, including the cost of necessary equipment, materials, and labor; the cost of an energy audit or renewable energy feasibility study; and the cost or verification of installation, less the value of expected rebates
- Finance terms do not exceed the weighted average of the useful life of the Improvements
- Applicant(s) has/have obtained an energy audit or renewable energy feasibility study for the Property and will attach to this application
lender acknowledgeMENT form
If there is a mortgage tied to the property that is being assessed, you will need to complete the Lender Acknowledgement Form. It must be completed, notarized, and uploaded to the application. Please use this link to download the form: Lender-Acknowledgement Fillable
Petition for Special Assessment
In order to proceed with the special assessment, you will need to attach a notarized copy of the Petition for Special Assessment form. Please use this link to download the form: Petition-for-Special-Assessment Form